Howard Phillips to Teach Course on Epidemics in SA History at the UCT Summer School
Professor Howard Phillips, author of Plague, Pox and Pandemics: A Jacana Pocket History of Epidemics in South Africa, will be teaching a course titled “Epidemics in South African History” as part of the University of Cape Town’s Summer School programme.
The course will look at the causes and consequences of the five worst epidemics in South Africa dating back 300 years, from the smallpox epidemic in 1713 to HIV/Aids. It will be held from Monday 28 January to Friday 1 February at The Centre for Open Learning and will cost R350. UCT staff members pay R175 and students can attend for the reduced rate of R88.
- Date: Monday, 28 January to Friday 1 January 2013
- Time: Starts 9:15 AM
- Venue: The Centre for Open Learning,
Cross Campus Road,
UCT | Map
- Cover charge: R350 (UCT staff pay R175, students R88)
- Register: Download the registration form as a PDF or Word document
- Plague, Pox and Pandemics: A Jacana Pocket History of Epidemics in South Africa by Howard Phillips
Find this book with BOOK Finder!